Propose an Exhibition
Gallery 400 accepts exhibition proposals of new or existing work. In addition to exhibitions in the gallery space, Gallery 400 has the capacity to present a number of different projects, including public objects or installations outside of the gallery; events, seminars, or web-based projects; new media, video, and film installations; sound works and radio plays; performance pieces; printed ephemera; and projects of a similar scope.
We invite proposals from local, national, and international artists and curators.
Proposals are accepted for the Gallery's three exhibition spaces: one larger gallery (1,500 sq. ft.) and two smaller galleries (250 sq. ft. and 410 sq. ft.). For a view of the gallery floorplan, please follow this link. Gallery staff and faculty advisers from the College of Architecture and the Arts at the University of Illinois at Chicago review all proposals on a quarterly basis.
To propose an exhibition, please answer the following questions and send as a PDF to email@example.com.
- Artist's statement and/or other background material
- Type of work (pick as many as are relevant)
- Exhibition proposal (Please be specific and descriptive about what it is that will be created, how it will be achieved, and what larger implications you expect of the work)
- Documentation (JPEG, PDF, MOV, MP4, etc…)
- Image Captions (either a PDF or Word Document) and please include the following information: Artist Name, Title, Year, Material, Dimensions
If you have any questions, please contact the gallery at 312 996 6114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gallery 400 will no longer accept hard copy applications and will not consider any application that is not submitted in the format described above. We review proposals on a bi-annual basis in mid-January and mid-July.