PROPELLER IMPACT FUND 2020
For 2020, Propeller Fund is adapting its annual project-based re-granting program to now focus on providing short-term financial support to artists who are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Open to artists in the Chicagoland area* with a practice grounded in the visual arts, Propeller Impact Fund will distribute $500 unrestricted, one-time grants over four rounds of applications. The $500 grants are disbursed the month following each application deadline. A total amount of $56,000 will be disbursed over the four rounds.
Funded through the generosity of The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts and co-administered by Threewalls and Gallery 400, Propeller Impact Fund welcomes all eligible artists to apply, with priority consideration for communities that are impacted disproportionately including: ALAANA artists (African descendent, Latinx, Arab, Asian, Native American), d/Deaf and disabled artists, LGBTQ2SIA artists, and gender non-conforming and non-binary artists. For general questions and feedback, email the Propeller Fund Associate at email@example.com.
- Unrestricted grants will be offered in the amount of $500.
- This grant is considered taxable income.
- Potential applicants should be aware that due to limited funding and the potential high demand, only a small percentage of those who apply will receive the grant.
- Selection process will be done via lottery, with priority considerations taken into account.
2020 PROPELLER IMPACT FUND APPLICATION TIMELINE
- Round one: April 22 at 9 am, CST–April 25 at 5 pm, CST
- Round two: June 22 at 9 am, CST–June 25 at 5 pm, CST
- Round three: August 24 at 9 am, CST–August 27 at 5 pm, CST
- Round four: October 26 at 9 am, CST–October 29 at 5 pm, CST
WHO CAN APPLY
- Applicants must be individual artists grounded in the visual arts.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate activity in their artistic discipline over the past three years.
- Applicants must be residents of the Illinois counties*—Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, Lake, LaPorte, McHenry, and Will.
- Applicants will need to express how they have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Those not eligible to apply include: students enrolled in any degree program; artists who have retained full-time jobs. Propeller Fund grantees awarded in November 2019.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants will fill out a brief Google Form. Please keep your answers as simple and concise as possible. To ensure that Propeller Impact Fund practices equitable funding, you will be asked to share certain demographic information, in order to identify those who may fall within the priority consideration. All information shared by applicants is confidential.
The application for the Propeller Impact Fund will be available on the first day of Round Two—Monday, June 22nd at 9:00 am, CST.
For d/Deaf and disabled artists: if you have any issues completing the application form, you may apply by phone or video. To complete the application by phone or video, please contact Barak adé Soleil, Threewalls’ Director of Programs at 347 385 0986 (text or call) between Tuesday–Saturday 11:00 am–4:00 pm or email Barak@three-walls.org.
ASL PROPELLER FUND
This is an American Sign Language interpretation of the 2020 Propeller Impact Fund Announcement signed and captioned by Deaf interpreter Erin Sanders-Sigmon.
For d/Deaf and disabled artists: if you have any issues completing the application form, you may apply by phone or video. To complete the application by phone or video, please contact Barak adé Soleil, Threewalls’ Director of Programs at 347 385 0986 (text or call) between Tuesday–Saturday 11:00am–4:00pm or email Barak@three-walls.org.