artOUT is a student-led group affiliated with Gallery 400, the contemporary art gallery at UIC. artOUT aims to create opportunities that connect UIC students with Gallery 400 and the wider Chicago arts community. Members work alongside Gallery staff and community partners to plan and execute programming while learning about the inner-workings of a unique non-profit art space.
Members have the opportunity to:
- Develop original programming in collaboration with Gallery 400
- Connect with fellow students
- Access professional development opportunities through private curator tours and conversations, event planning, and arts administration skill building
- Brainstorm new ways for UIC students to engage with Gallery 400
- Advise Gallery 400 staff on other visitor engagement strategies
Along with their roles as an advisory committee and working with Gallery 400 in programming and exhibitions, the artOUT Student Advisory committee also has the opportunity to develop their own independent event as an affiliate program of Gallery 400. The first two projects the artOUT committee have organized were a mobile exhibition of UIC student artwork that centered on the theme of home and a zine compilation filled with art and works by students from across the UIC campus. What will you create this semester?
If you are interested in participating in artOUT for the Fall 2020 semester, please fill out this form.