Gallery 400 invites proposals for exhibitions and new projects
Let Me Be an Object that Screams, 2017, (installation view).
Gallery 400 accepts exhibition proposals of new or existing work. In addition to exhibitions in the gallery space, Gallery 400 has the capacity to present a number of different projects, including public artworks or installations outside of the gallery; events, seminars, or web-based projects; new media, video, and film installations; sound works and radio broadcasts; performance pieces; printed ephemera; and projects of a similar scope.
We invite proposals from local, national, and international artists and curators.
Proposals are accepted for the Gallery's three exhibition spaces: one larger gallery (1,500 sq. ft.) and two smaller galleries (250 sq. ft. and 410 sq. ft.). A view of the gallery floorplan can be seen here. Gallery staff and faculty advisers from the College of Architecture and the Arts at the University of Illinois at Chicago review all proposals on a bi-annual basis.
To propose an exhibition, please answer the following questions and send as a PDF to email@example.com.
- Artist's statement and/or other background material
- Type of work (pick as many as are relevant)
- Exhibition proposal (Please be specific and descriptive about what it is that will be created, how it will be achieved, and what larger implications you expect of the work)
- Documentation (JPEG, PDF, MOV, MP4, etc…)
- Image Captions (either a PDF or Word Document) and please include the following information: Artist Name, Title, Year, Material, Dimensions
If you have any questions, please contact the gallery at 312 996 6114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.