Gallery 400 presents a screening of moving image artworks to complement the current exhibition Radiate: Art of the South Asian Diaspora. Curated by Mathew Paul Jinks and Megha Ralapati, this presentation aims to chart an alternative vision of South Asian video and film to those commercially distributed by the Bollywood industry and for which the region is most known. This collection of new and recent video work does not focus solely on artists of the diaspora and includes artists living and working across the Indian subcontinent. This program attempts to take a different perspective by highlighting the diversity of durational work coming out of this dynamic region.
- Pushpamala N., Rashtriy Kheer and Desiy Salad, 2004, video, 11:00 min.
- Kabir Mohanty, Dwelling, 2006, video, 9:37 min.
- Aditi Kulkarni, Untitled, 2011, video, 1:57 min.
- Priyanka Dasgupta, Dreams of Inconvenience (3), 2011, video, 21:30 min. (6 min. excerpt)
- Bari Kumar, Army of Forgotten Souls, 2005, video, 3:00 min.
- Ashish Avikunthak, Kalighat Fetish, 1999, 16mm film transferred to video, 23:00 min.
- Naeem Mohaiemen, White Teeth, 2012, video, 6:21 min.
Total Running Time: 61:55 min.