Inspired by the actions and tropes of the HALFLIFERS’ extensive body of work on video, Loophole Limbo delves deep into the archives of the Video Data Bank collection in order to expose, interrogate, and investigate the performative in artists’ video. Featuring work produced across every decade of video’s relatively short history, the investigation reveals that artists’ video is obsessed, alienated, and downright strange . . .
- Dara Birnbaum, Technology/Transformation: Wonder Woman, 1978, video, 5:45 min.
- Vito Acconci, Pryings, 1971, video, 17:38 min.
- Anne McGuire, All Smiles and Sadness, video, 7:14 min.
- Tom Rubnitz, Pickle Surprise, 1989, video, 1:40 min.
- Tom Rubnitz, Strawberry Shortcut, 1984, video, 1:32 min.
- Laurie Jo Reynolds, Space Ghost, 2007, video, 25:35 min.
- Bjørn Melhus, No Sunshine, 1997, video, 6:15 min.
Total running time: 65:39 min.